[PD-dev] Suggestions for 0.54

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:10:49 CEST 2023

Ok, merging season is on and people have been suggesting PRs and there's
lot of actions on the github repository. Here's my curated list to you
Miller.

First, something that I hope we cannot wait any longer as I first reported
this bug like, I dunno, in version 0.46 :) a fix has been sitting for quite
a while. This PR allocates the correct buffer size for delays based on the
actual block size and is really important for some patches ==> *delwrite~:
allocate extra space based on actual block size*
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/708

This is a nice fix that affects me with my tutorial and allows more
colummns to be displayed, should be worry free I guess ==> *allow
helpbrowser to display any amount of columns*
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1240

*And now some PRs and features by myself...*

Some features for [pdcontrol] (and I just pinged you about it on github for
it) https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/828/

*allow flags to come first in [text sequence] *
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1581 <== I actually consider
this a bug (not as a feature as marked), it is not the way things usually
work and it is in conflict with the way things are documented

Some cool, useful and simple features:
- load seeds based on system time for pseudo random number generators
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1719
- Add font size argument for [drawtext]
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1622
- [oscparse] improvements https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1623
- Add channel inlet/outlet & argument for [makenote]
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1670

Here's an old one that is more problematic:
add an inlet to [receive] https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/604
it needs another PR which is "make pd_unbind safe"
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1760

*This one need to solve conflicts, I'll try to find time and do it right
away, but tell me if I shouldn't bother maybe* add '-h' flag for
hexadecimal color in Data Structures.
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1621

------------

No pull requests but issues and requests I'd hope we could deal with but I
know it might be too late in the game

use same properties for horizontal/vertical versions of slider and radio
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/1757 (hopefully IOhannes
could do this one)

allow data through signal connections ==>
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/1887

This is a quite old issue that I'd just hope we could have some attention
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/234

Cheers