[PD-dev] why must one never send a message from a perform routine ?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:32:30 CEST 2023

Well, I don't mean documentation all internal mechanisms but, in this case, it might have been helpful to at least note *which* functions should or shouldn't be called in which situations. For instance, I note which libpd functions *not* call when DSP is running.

> On Aug 23, 2023, at 5:30 PM, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com> wrote:
>
>> so it would pay to fill out the header.
> Yeah, all API functions in "m_pd.h" should really have minimal documentation (preferrably doxygen).
>
> However, I'm not sure that "m_pd.h" is the place for documenting the inner workings of Pd... I think the official manual would be a more natural place, as it already serves this purpose.
>
> Anyway, once these things are written down somewhere, we can just post a link whenever someone asks about them :)
>
> Christof

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>