[PD-dev] how to output list with selector

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu Sep 21 09:00:39 CEST 2023

> `outlet_list(x->outlist, &s_list, 3, x->outlist)`;
You accidentally passed the outlet itself as the last argument (t_atom
*) to outlet_list().

Unfortunately, C only offers minimal type checking and happily casts
between unrelated pointer types. (With C++ this wouldn't compile in the
first place.) However, although this is legal in C, all major compilers
issue a warning ("-Wincompatible-pointer-types" on GCC/Clang resp.
"warning C4133" with MSVC).

Always check the compiler outputs for warnings!||

---

Now to your actual question:

> I'm trying to output a list of values with a selector. For example,
> "foo 1 2".
The function you're looking for is outlet_anything().

BTW, this is covered in the externals-howto:
https://github.com/pure-data/externals-howto#outlet-anything

Christof