[PD-dev] OSX testers needed (was Re: time for a quick bugfix update?)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 23 23:32:07 CEST 2023

On 10/23/23 21:37, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> There shouldn't need to be any patches applied. I double-checked and the last patch for 8.6.12 is integrated into 8.6.13 itself.
>
> As for running an 8.6.13 Wish on earlier macOS versions... well that is an issue. The builds I had made all link to the UniformTypeIdentifiers framework which apparently was added to macOS 11 and later. Running this Wish on earlier versions seems to crash due to the load not finding the framework. What's interesting is that the Tk build system is supposed to weak link to it yet the loader still exits the app on start.
>
> See the thread starting here: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/2105#issuecomment-1774233455

yes (i think i linked to that thread in my original post).

anyhow, i think i might have fixed the problem.

The binaries found here
<https://git.iem.at/pd/pure-data/-/jobs/57601/artifacts/raw/Pd-0.54-0-61-g3afa2ff6.dmg>
should be build with a Tcl/Tk-8.6.13 that runs on anything since
OSX-10.9 Mavericks, either x86_64 and arm64.

i cannot test right now, so it would be great if people could do that
while i sleep.
i'm esp interested in the extremes, that is:
- old macOS versions & old OSX versions (Mountain Lion anybody? but
really any version that is no longer supported by Apple would be great)
- newest macOS versions (i can do some basic tests on Monterey tomorrow,
but don't have access to Ventura or Sonoma machines)

the binary itself is not the latest and greatest 'master' branch, but a
develop snapshot from earlier today (just so you know).

if all works well, i could switch the CI to the new Tcl/Tk tomorrow.

mgsdf
IOhannes