[PD-dev] release April?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu Mar 14 14:36:50 CET 2024

> Anyway, I've been holding off on introducing yet one more ad-hoc GUI
> device until I (or someone :) can make a properly unified GUI for
> numerical controls.
Is this realistic? And does it really warrant withholding a proper knob
UI for another couple of years (or even forever)?

A knob would not prevent a "unified numerical control" in the future.
Yes, it would be one more legacy object to deal with, but does it really
matter at this point? It's not like we're constantly adding new UI
elements. The last time was probably 20 years ago :) I guess if Thomas
Musil made one back in the day, we would have it anyway.

A more general question: what would the advantage of such a "unified"
GUI object, in particular for the user? I guess the idea is that you can
easily turn any numeric GUI element into another?

Cheers,

Christof