[PD-dev] Seeking co-maintainers for Scheme for Pd

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:06:08 CET 2024

+1

If people use it, it will be maintained. It's best if someone can act as a general maintainer to help coordinate submissions from the general community. The pd-externals group makes it relatively easy for this unless you want to keep the project within your user space specifically. If transferred, you can still be the owner of the repository with full access to it.

> On Mar 20, 2024, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:09:27 +0100
> From: IOhannes m zm?lnig <zmoelnig at iem.at <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>
> To: pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD-dev] Seeking co-maintainers for Scheme for Pd
>
> On 3/17/24 06:14, Iain Duncan wrote:
>> It occurred to me thinking further that really one doesn't need to know
>> much about Scheme or Lisp, provided one is interested, as I didn't when I
>> started! The work is mostly in C. FWIW. :-)
>
> how about moving the repository to <https://github.com/pd-externals/> ?
> there are always? some volunteers who can help with bugfixing and the
> like, and if someone is willing to dig deeper into scheme4pd, they can
> always join (and leave, if need be).
>
> in general i think the pd-externals group is a good place for small
> team-maintained externals.
>

> personally, i am interested in that external (and have plenty of C
> skills) - but honestly I have other things on my plate as well, so
> couldn't do a full time maintenance o fthe project.
>
> gfmards
> IOhannes

--------
Dan Wilcox