[PD-dev] Pd running on external scheduler changed

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Apr 24 11:40:31 CEST 2024

On 24.04.2024 09:45, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with some new feature of pdvst~
> (https://git.nubegris.com.ar/lucarda/pdvst-0.52/compare/master...sq-fudi)
> this runs Pd via external scheduler "vstscheduler.dll"
>
> I hit some strange issue with current Pd (Merge branch 'scheduler_fix'
> 2bea249)
>
> this message no longer works
>
> ----------
> ;
> pd dsp 1;
> ----------
>

> while this one works
>
> [dsp 1(
> |
> [s pd]

First, what exactly does "not work"? Second, these two message should
obviously be equivalent. Are you really sure that they behave
differently? If yes, that would be a bug in Pd's message system, not in
my scheduler updates.

When I made the updates, I tried not to break the external scheduler
mechanism and checked that pd~ still works. Maybe it's an issue in your
scheduler implementation? I'll need to have a look at your code, but I'm
travelling right now.