[PD-dev] Pd running on external scheduler changed

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:24:42 CEST 2024

Ok, no rushing if you are traveling.

> First, what exactly does "not work"?

---
;
pd dsp 1;
---

does not start dsp (the toggle in the main Pd window never gets to "on")

> Second, these two message should obviously be equivalent. Are you
> really sure that they behave differently?

yes.

[dsp 1(

[s pd]

works.

> If yes, that would be a bug in Pd's message system, not in my
> scheduler updates.

I could check that the messaging system for other receivers work like [;
foo 3( works as expected with [r foo].

> When I made the updates, I tried not to break the external scheduler
> mechanism and checked that pd~ still works.

yes. pd~ still works.

> Maybe it's an issue in your scheduler implementation?

nothing changed in pdvst~ scheduler implementation (well yes, but using
the unchanged version the issue is still there on current master Pd and
not with Pd 0.54-1).

> I'll need to have a look at your code, ...

sure:
https://git.nubegris.com.ar/lucarda/pdvst-0.52/src/branch/sq-fudi/vst-scheduler/vstschedlib.c

you could also see the "master" branch but as mentioned it also exhibits
the issue.