[PD] rme 9636 - installation problems

philipp megabrain at gmx.ch
Sun Apr 20 02:50:52 CEST 2003

hi

> To try the card you can use any other program that supports OSS.
> (xmms or the play command from sox for example).
> If these freeze the system too, then there is probably not too much
> chance to get it going.

the system freezes also with xmms.

> I have not yet gotten a report that the driver freezes the system,
> but the way you describe the problem it seems to be a bug in the
> driver. :(

it looks like there is a problem between the kernel and the driver:
I replaced my bf2.4 kernel with a regular 2.4.18 kernel ( with smp support
in my case) and now the driver works fine and there is pd on 8 channels -
great !!!!

thanx for help and much more for the driver :)
servus

philipp