[PD] GEM versions

shreeswifty bigswift at ufl.edu
Fri Jul 11 09:34:55 CEST 2003

funny you should mention a chroma key  because keying has been on my mind.
Just started using zmatte for post work.. RTalpha subtraction and
convolution as you mentioned will be a wonderful tool as well. what i would
love to see is the ability for GEM to read different file types like .flt,
.iv, .pfb etc.. and have be able to tweak those inside a gemwin...

and of course a way to dump out to .mov or .mpg or avi is a must at some
point

Pat

>Hi folks
>
>i am pretty limited on my linux A/v side save for cinelerra so i am
focusing
>my GEM tests on WinXp and OSX.
>I think i have aquired the most up to date version for OSX but where do i
>locate the newest for windows?
>I was having incredible performance from GEM with my Sony digital 8 on OS
X.
>and Fantastic luck with the tutorial examples.

Hi Pat

Good to see that you are having a nice experience with the OSX GEM
stuff - Jamie and I have put a lot of work into making it run well.
I have just finished adding some Alitvec versions of the chroma_keyer
and convolution function and will be working on some more
optimizations and also finally starting on the RGB side of things.
Oh and if you are using pix_video right now try yuv_video and it
should speed up about 2.5 times.  We need to sort out the YUV and RGB
defaults and switching soon.

What machine are you running GEM on?  I would like to compile a
better set of recommended setups for GEM on a Mac.

Also, what further tutorials would you like to see?  I have a short
list of 'advanced' ones that include color-space, texture coordinates
and the particle system - it's just a question of sitting down and
doing them.

cgc