[PD] woo hoo! gem works, except it doesn't work!

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Jul 30 03:46:15 CEST 2003

>however when trying the examples i still can't get gem to do anything.
>here is a pic of the error i'm getting when i try to create a window:
>
>http://interface.cipic.ucdavis.edu/~jscotth/untitled.bmp

I'm not the Windows developer but I'd have to say:
How about installing some sort of OpenGL support for the hardware on
that box...  What hardware do you have?  For Nvidia and ATI cards the
drivers/etc can be found on their websites.

>i also copied the glut32.dll into the windows32 directory which was needed
>for gem to load up. another thing, do i need to do anything with the gem-
>libs now that i'm using the gem.dll and not compiling myself?

I think we removed GLUT in the CVS version of GEM, so you won't have
that to mess with anymore (even though it's not the cause of your
current problems).

cgc