[PD] New external on neural networks

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Mon May 9 10:03:32 CEST 2005

Hello,
It is so good to hear that there is an external for multi-layered
neural networks. I am doing a research about simulating human musical
interaction where I am building a machine that can learn and perform
music in real time.

Davide, it would be nice if you can announce to the list when you have
makefile or pre-compiled external of nn for OSX.

and Davide and IOhannes, do you have any written documentations for nn
and ann_som externals, something like more than help files?

best,
Koray.

On May 9, 2005, at 1:30, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 19:20:41 +0200 (MEST)
> From: "Georg Holzmann" <grhPD at gmx.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] New external on neural networks
> To: info at davidemorelli.it
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
>
> Hallo!
>
>> I just finished a little external I wrote to use FANN classes in PD.
>> It is about multi layered neural networks.
> cool - I also wanted to do that ... :)
>
>> I would like to know who is the author of the ann_som external, I
>> think he
>> could be interested in it (for ann_mlp).
> it's iohannes.
>
>> It should compile on linux and osx also but I didn't try (you'll need
> add
>> paths to fann src and libs).. if you do it please send me a makefile
>> and
>> I'll add it.
> the makefile for linux is at grh.mur.at/Makefile, a minor change to
> compile
> nn.c on linux at grh.mur.at/nn.c
>
> Maybe you can put this in the externals/ann folder in cvs?
>
> LG
> Georg

M.Koray Tahiroglu
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
http://purenoise.uiah.fi:8000/
tel: +358 40 754 8449