[PD] dsp 1

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Thu May 25 16:15:40 CEST 2006

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> A flag to set DSP to 1 would be nice though.  I thought there was one,
> but I don't see it.  Should we put in a feature request?

 From the command line:

   pd -send "; pd dsp 1"

I use -send a quite a bit to set audio settings because the proper flags
don't seem to work (always get 0 (and disabled) channels with -jack in
pd-0.39-2).

I use [r pd]--[print] to see what messages the audio dialogs send, then
replicate them on the command line with pd -send "; pd ...".

But having said that, I don't often want DSP activated on start-up, for
the reasons that Frank mentioned.

Claude