[PD] table size limit

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Mon May 29 18:45:55 CEST 2006

Hi all,

It's probably not too hard to fix the phase vocoder to use a series of
short tables.  The "bang~" object resets two tabread4~ objects every
block, so at the same time one could hop to the next table when appropriate.

Although audacity will do this too, it's interesting to be able to scroll
through a long soundfile (Kontakte in 4 channels for instance) at any
forward or backward speed.  One can listen to a 6-channel version of the
entire 35-ish-minute long piece to test Stochhausen's assertion that the
large scale structure has the same identity as the piece does locally...

cheers
Miller