[PD] bang when phasor~ reaches 1

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 09:43:26 CET 2006

The solution Marius offered is probably the most
reliable. I've used Jamies [snapshot~] based solution
in many cases it works fine, but sometimes misses a beat.
It's because the blocksize (nominally 64) on which [snapshot~]
operates may not contain the zero you're looking for.

The thing you want is [delta~], but you can make your own
arrangement with a [z~] and a [-~]. Basically look for
any large dx/dt, not just negative, remember that a phasor
can also be negative in slope, ie [phasor~ -100]. See also
that as the frequency increases toward a high value eventually
the solution will fail (each rising slope will be sufficiently
fast to trigger the delta comparator.

Theres probably a more elgant solution, I heard Martin Brinkman
is a good chap to ask as he tends to work in the signal domain and
derive his control messages.

Any other ideas for a *reliable* detection of phase reset?