[PD] Gem: can't load library

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:28:30 CET 2006

On 12/4/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> I think that all the optimization that you guys have done is great.  But
> it would be very helpful to a lot of people if the optimization did not
> prevent those of us with older hardware from even starting Gem.

I don't think it does.  The configure detects hardware and libraries
reasonably well and the provided binaries either have runtime checks or
different versions for the respective hardware and OS versions.

If you ran the configure on an ATI machine and ended up with the NV
extensions then that is a bug, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.