[PD] wave morphing

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 14 15:04:43 CET 2007

Malte Steiner a écrit :
> I didnt looked into your patch yet but usually these waveforms are
> stored in one table as one sample.
Oops, fortunately you didn't looked into the patch, there was, again, a
missing abstraction which is attached.
It's a kind of autorange but that outputs values between zero and one
for a given pair of input range.
This abstraction permits to slide between waveforms by adding them
progressively
> Your tabread object should run through one waveform at a time,
So the functionning seems different because my patch is about getting
the average between to successive waveshapes,
 instead of passing from one to another without transition.
> I have to look up how much bytes they are but assume 256, so it runs
> from 0 to 255 and to switch to another waveform you add n*256 where n
> is the waveformnumber.
Good, then the amount of samples won't get truncated with using one
hundred of different waveforms.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavetable

thanks,
PC.