[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jan 15 23:40:55 CET 2007

Strange... AFAIK, no changes were made to that code for
Pd-0.39.2extended.   But now that I think about it, in test7 I was
experimenting with compiler optimizations, particularly adding SSE
support, and auto-vectorization.  Maybe someone with an Intel Mac
could try compiling Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7 without the compiler
optimizations.  They are listed in packages/darwin_app/Makefile:

# Mac/Intels only run 10.4, so always gcc 4.x
ifeq ($(TARGET_PLATFORM),i386)
OPT_CFLAGS = -march=pentium4 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse \
	-ftree-vectorize -ftree-vectorizer-verbose=2
endif

My guess is that the problem lies either with -mfpmath=sse (do
floating point math with SSE) or the -ftree-vectorize (automatically
vectorize compatibile loops).

.hc