[PD] restricting threads on PD-announce? (was Re: [PD-announce] the end of type restrictions)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 24 10:48:19 CEST 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Ok, sorry for starting a mail thread on pd-announce, a place where mail
> threads shouldn't be started. When replying to that mail, don't forget
> to replace pd-announce by pd-list like what was done for some other
> mails in the thread...

should we do some magic to avoid threads on PD-announce?
i (think that i) could set-up a filter-rule that would automatically
catch all emails with the "in-reply-to" header set and reject them.

is this a good idea?
are there any caveats? (dunno, but probably somebody wants to post a
legit email to pd-announce which is in fact a reply to somebody's mail,
e.g. because a thread turned into an announcment)

mfg.asd
IOhannes