[PD] trouble compiling pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 5 09:29:49 CEST 2007

eric labelle wrote:
> Sorry to bother with this but I'm trying to compile Pd from the CVS and
> it keeps failing and something that caught my attention at the end of
> the configure process is this:
>
> checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
> checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
> checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating makefile
> config.status : WARNING:  makefile.in <http://makefile.in> seems to
> ignore the --datarootdir setting
>
> Could it be possible that not having support for large files is causing
> the problem and if so can anyone indicate how to turn it on? (am using
> gcc under openSUSE)

the whole point to use configure is to detect certain features and do
the build according to these. if a certain feature is unavailable, pd
should be built without this feature (or the configure should stop with
an error).
your configure-output seems fine to me, mine does not look really
different (well, my _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is 64, but i don't think that this
will fail your build)

in order to give some valuable help, it would be interesting to know
where the build fails, instead of showing some random lines where the
problem might be (or as well not)...

anyhow, please post the actual error.

mfa.sdr
IOhannes