[PD] inconsistencies with lib names (was: representning classes and selectors in the wiki)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 18 14:23:55 CEST 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>

> Another issue would be the use of objects not in Pd core in such a
> standard library. In my opinion and for reasons I mentioned several
> times during the last days a Pd-std-library should work without
> third-party externals (like the "purepd" or list-abs collections).

as far as i have understood it, the standard library wants to duplicate
externals: e.g. an object that allows interfacing with the serial port
would be a copy of iem/comport that is named hardware/comport (or whatever).
thus it would not rely on "3rd party" externals, but on stdlib
"internal" libraries. (with duplicate code and everything that follows
from it)

fma.dsr
IOhannes