[PD] Trying to implement switch ramp

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 4 15:59:20 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Thomas O Fredericks hat gesagt: // Thomas O Fredericks wrote:

> vsnapshot~? Where can I find it's help?  (I use Ubuntu PD(not extended) and
> PD 0.40-2)

Sorry, I was wrong of course: As Roman correclty mentioned, it's not
really possible to use switch-and-ramp with vline~/vsnapshot~.
Actually I found this out as well in that past list thread, but forgot
about it. ;)

> I still see inconsistencies in the patch I submitted
> I will try to make something a little clearer: please try the new attached
> patches and tell me why the little bit before the ramp changes size (I
> suspect that is the size of one block, sometimes there, sometimes not). How
> can I make this consistent?

I attached a reworked version of that example which compares both the
line~ and vline~ switch-and-ramp techniques. I'm now using much
smaller delay times, so it's easier to see what's happening accross
the block boundaries. With vline~/vsnapshot (left part) you'll see
that the ramp starts at a wrong position. That's because vsnapshot~
reports the signal value too late, so the original ramp already is at
a different position. With line~/snapshot~ this doesn't happen (right
part of patch, you need a big enough screen.)

Ciao