[PD] Audio drops when I refresh many text in scrolline by externalMIDIcontrol.

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 11:13:40 CEST 2007

> Andy - are you operating Ardour by mouse or by Hardware MIDI controller?
>        Personally I looking for control by MIDI not by mouse and
>        keyboard.

By mouse as a traditional DAW. Though I don't use remote transport
functions I'm aware it does have a rich interface for remote control
through Jack transport, SMPTE and MIDI.

Something you might like to check out for inspiration is the Trinity

It's open source and open architecture, so you may get some ideas
on controlling transport etc since the Trinity has a minimal interface
using a few buttons. Dan James informed me of this product and there
is some discussion on the linux-audio list, perhaps you can even pull
out the HD recorder engine of Ardour and run it sans GUI as your
disk backend.