[PD] Revising Help Files

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 05:47:51 CEST 2009

Ok, a couple of questions before I get deeper into the revisions:

1. Should help patches be tailored for font sizes other than 10?
It might be feasible to do this for size 12 fonts, but it will make
patches look worse at size 10.  For example, to accommodate 12pt
fonts, paragraphs and comments to the right of objects will have to
be given more padding, which looks awkward at 10pts.  If there's no
padding, objects and paragraphs will collide when you try to
enlarge the fonts.

2.  The "description:" comment isn't long enough for some of the
descriptions, which I think are already reasonably short (e.g.,
czero_rev~).  It would fit without the word "description", but I'm
guessing this would cause problems for the future search
functionality that's been discussed.  Any ideas?  I could just
duplicate the description in the pd-meta subpatch but that's kind
of awkward.

Thanks,
Jonathan