[PD] [PD-announce] Piksel video report: Sonification of IT censorship technologies

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 20 20:05:48 CET 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> I could also ask why does the fact that the resulting music itself
> doesn't have much to do with censorship matter?

Because the title of the work is « Sonification of IT censorship
technologies » and this title is the public's first contact with the work.

If one can't reasonably hear the censorship in it, is it appropriate to
advertise the work using such a title ?

Also, if the media you give for documenting the work is a soundfile, and
not a way to witness the process, how can the audience relate to your
process instead of just to your soundfile ?