[PD] [PD-announce] Piksel video report: Sonification of IT censorship technologies

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Mon Dec 20 20:29:21 CET 2010

> Because the title of the work is « Sonification of IT censorship
> technologies » and this title is the public's first contact with the work.

Sonification is the exactly the process I was talking about.

> If one can't reasonably hear the censorship in it, is it appropriate to
> advertise the work using such a title ?

How would you define a 'reasonable listening of censorship'?

> Also, if the media you give for documenting the work is a soundfile, and not
> a way to witness the process, how can the audience relate to your process
> instead of just to your soundfile ?

Sure, but in this case soundfile is only for online documentation, the
work is exhibited as multichannel audio installation, the audience can
interact with the software and read relevant information about the
how/what/why.

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net