[PD] Pd performance at TED

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:26:46 CEST 2011

Dear List,

I think this "technological parody" discussion is very funny.

As some of you may know, most (if not all) of the north indian classical
instruments were designed to sound like the human voice.
I'm very naive, so i 'm wondering : is a sitar a technological parody?
Stupid Indians, they get blood-filled blisters on their fingers to learn how
to play a technological parody!

Just kidding (though it's true about the desing of indian instruments).

I do believe that the output is the only important thing to consider. The
fact that Aphex Twin used a sampler (or whatever, i don't know) to record
the drum track to Flim doesn't matter at all to me. This is an amazing
piece, that very few musicians (if any) on earth could have created. The
fact that he created it on a sequencer in 97 and not on a drumkit in 1963
doesn't make any difference to me.

Pierre