[PD] [expr] license issue (update)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 3 23:23:32 CET 2011

Le 2011-12-03 à 14:06:00, Marvin Humphrey a écrit :

> There are all kinds of crazy people in the world who claim things they
> don't have the right to, but to pursue the matter ad absurdum, any
> lawsuit over a small typo is going to be thrown out for failing a de
> minimis test.

Does that still cost the defendent some money ?

Do you have an anti-SLAPP law yet in your country and/or state, and does
it get applied ? (Where do you live ?)

> I must have said something about granting implicit license under the
> license of the project when you provide a patch, which is definitely not
> the same thing as implicitly giving up copyright.

Oh. I didn't know that you only meant the license.

But there are usually no copyright notices for typo correction. In that
case, if there is a default implicit copyright, this sounds like it would
have to do with the international treaty of 1978... is that right ?