[PD] hslider/vslider - mismatch of input and output

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 2 16:26:03 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 08:14:43AM -0300, Iain Mott wrote:
> Hi, I've noticed something strange with hslider and vslider. I you give
> them a large range, the inputs and outputs aren't always equal or at
> least they are out by a factor greater than 1. For example with the
> range 0 - 55000, if you connect a number object to hslider's input and
> enter 6034, the output reads 6032.68.
>
> Couldn't find this reported elsewhere - though perhaps i didn't search
> hard enough. This result is on linux.

I reported this a loooooooooooooong time ago, in 2006:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1556206&group_id=55736&atid=478070

It happens, if the slider's range is not divisible by its pixel size. A 100px slider
0...100 is fine, a 100px slider 0 ... 127 is not.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__