[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Jan 22 14:57:14 CET 2013

Because:

1. the two are not binary compatible, so any stray packages may crash one
or the other if they are in the shared directory

2. pd-l2ork comes as a monolithic distribution

3. Pd-utils is enough to break the one or the other due to different ways
how gui functions between the two.

If you can think of a better way please do let me know.

That said, the two can nicely coexist if you install one of them using the
binary installer script because that one exists in the usr/usr/local
directory as opposed to/usr. Pd-l2ork already provides binary installers
and automated tarball builders.

P.S. I tried building pd-extended but had no luck using the same "make
install path=/usr/local" (as per readme in packages/linux). I will try to
resync latest svn. Perhaps something has changed.