[PD] raspberry pi user experience

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Sat Jan 26 00:19:33 CET 2013

hello,

I just install raspbian release and update it. then install pd 0.44.1 (without any specific optimisation flag)

I made the standard optimisation :
* - rtprio 99
* - memlock 1000000000
in /etc/security/limits.conf

and
dwc_otg.speed=1
in /boot/cmdline.txt
as suggested by miller

I use a uca222 beringher (that cost about 20 or 25€) sound card.
trying the test audio and midi, there is no click with 10ms audio buffer (with adc~ enable).

this is with usb keyboard / mouse combo plugged and graphical interface (for the system and for pd).

without X, audiobuf can be as low as 5ms

having a usb keyboard did not change anything for me.

i'm very happy

cheers