[PD] raspberry pi user experience

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sat Jan 26 13:11:16 CET 2013

Hi all,
for my USB audio class 2.0 device "Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6" i
can't report such good news.
There is constant irregular crackling, not only with Pd but also with aplay
etc. It seems related to USB bandwidth, since turning on and off the inputs
in Pd changes crackling frequency. The dwc_otg.speed setting is not usable
for me, since the device is dependent on USB 2.0 operation.
Any experiences with USB 2.0 audio devices under ALSA/rpi?
thanks,
gr~~~

2013/1/26 Cyrille Henry <ch at chnry.net>

> hello,
>
> I just install raspbian release and update it. then install pd 0.44.1
> (without any specific optimisation flag)
>
> I made the standard optimisation :
> * - rtprio 99
> * - memlock 1000000000
> in /etc/security/limits.conf
>
> and
> dwc_otg.speed=1
> in /boot/cmdline.txt
> as suggested by miller
>
> I use a uca222 beringher (that cost about 20 or 25€) sound card.
> trying the test audio and midi, there is no click with 10ms audio buffer
> (with adc~ enable).
>
> this is with usb keyboard / mouse combo plugged and graphical interface
> (for the system and for pd).
>
> without X, audiobuf can be as low as 5ms
>
> having a usb keyboard did not change anything for me.
>
> i'm very happy
>
> cheers

Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org