[PD] Lanboc-LCX w/ Pd

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:26:00 CET 2013

Reading through the manuals I'm trying different stuff. Thought of
connecting to the lanbox (I spelled it wrong in the subject of this thread)
via [comport]. I do get connected, but can't really see how to send
commands.
I'm trying to connect via [tcpsend] via ethernet cause I think it's easier
to send commands in ASCII (looks easier to me at least), but the manual
says that the lanbox will ask for a password (which is 777 followed by a
carriege return, so in ASCII it will be 55 55 55 13). So I'm sending
[connect 192.168.1.77 4777( to [tcpsend], Pd freezes for a while and the
the console says 'tcpsend: connecting to port 4777', but if I immediately
after send [55 55 55 13( to [tcpsend] the console says 'tcpsend: not
connected'. Anyway, the toggle underneath [tcpsend] never goes to one, so
no connection is actually established.
Any ideas on this one guys?

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Actually all I need to do is control two white lights which are connected
> to a DMX dimmer each. I've done a simple setup on lanbox's software, but
> can't really see how to control it via Pd. It's on channels 1 and 2, so I
> guess I need to send something like a list with the channel number and the
> brightness number, right? what's the exact syntax for [udpsend]?
>

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM, <brandt at subnet.at> wrote:
>

>> i worked with it and as alexandros said it´s really easy. i once made a
>> patch, which was a kind of simulation of an avolite board from the
>> eighties. worked straight out the box
>>
>> all the best
>>

>> Zitat von dreamer <dreamer at puikheid.nl>:
>>

>>  On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com
>>>
>>>  Hi,

>>> lanbox's

>>> Yes I have. You can control the lanbox-lcx with simple TCP/UDP commands.
>>> At least we used [udpsend] to transmit the datapackets (looking back at
>>> my
>>> patches. it's also from mrpeach).