[PD] how to install and use GPIO external

Josh Downing jndowning at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 07:37:10 CEST 2013

I'm trying to figure out how to use the [gpio] external and I'm totally
lost on how to install it and then how to use it inside PD on my raspberry
pi. I did download the external from Miller Puckette's website but that is
about as far as I have been able to get. I would like to be able to
configure 4 GPIO pins as inputs and read their state within my PD patch.

Could anyone provide me with any help on how I would go about installing
this patch and using it in PD on the pi? Also, I found a thread in the list
serve archive where someone had attached a draft of instructions on how to
install and use the GPIO external but unfortunately the attached file was
not available. Could someone send me these instructions if you have them?

Thanks,
Josh