[PD] help_pix_buffer

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 30 15:56:15 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-30 10:20, Sujay Mukherjee wrote:
> I don't have a prior programming knowledge of any kind and so my
> questions could be a little bit naive I am using the the pix_buffer
> along with the pix_buffer_write and pix_buffer _read objects to
> record and retrieve image. While I am able to successfully use it I
> am having a few problems when I am changing the storing size of the
> buffer from a size of 1 frame  to say 10 or more frames There is no
> difference to the no of images I am able to retrieve from the pix
> read object i am using pix_buffer with the pix_video or pix_film
> object. what does specifying the frame size more than 1 frame will
> do to the final outcome of my patch I am attaching the patch for
> clarity

i don't see where you resize the [pix_buffer] to hold more than a
single frame.

[pix_buffer] is very closely modelled after [table].

so if you have a table of size 100 [table foo 100], the following
won't automagically resize the table:

[123(

[tabread foo]

nor will:

[1 321(

[tabwrite foo]

to change the number of frames in the [pix_buffer] use something like:

[resize 42(

[pix_buffer ant 1]

fgdmsr
IOhannes