[PD] Pure Data Buffir~ object

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 7 09:52:03 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-06 23:58, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> yeah, I was thinking about this versatility. I guess "better" isn't a good
> word. I was thinking "more powerful"

afaict, i would say it has a single feature that is trivial to implement
for [FIR~] as well...

and if the table data itself is static¹, then it should be pretty easy
to get the desired behaviour with a wrapper abstraction around [FIR~]
that copies the data with an offset into an internal proxy table.

but well, if this is the only feature that makes [Buffir~] more powerful
than [FIR~], i will tell thomas to add it.

fgasdrm
IOhannes

¹ that is: you don't continuously change the impulse response without
telling the filter object