[PD] Present and future of WebPd

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Sep 9 03:49:32 CEST 2015

Hi Seb,

On 08/09/15 14:47, s p wrote:
> so I chose pragmatism over purity

That makes a lot of sense. You thought carefully about the best
implementation with regards to the tradeoffs - my apologies for not
seeing that.

>  > I only hope to persuade you that faithfulness to Pd's output is
> probably a feature that users will appreciate a lot.
>
> to conclude ... you don't need to persuade me of this :) I just think it
> is more important to have something you can use at all. But the future
> might be brighter, and maybe these two goals won't contradict each other
> any more.

\o/

You're absolutely right that a WebPd that can run some patches without
100% sample-level accuracy is better than one which can't run on many
devices at all, and your new approach sounds like a win on all platforms.

Thanks for your hard work on WebPd.

Cheers,

Chris.

--