[PD] Looking for some advice

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 12:52:49 CEST 2015

On Sat, 2015-09-12 at 21:46 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> sorry to hijack the thread, but a parallel question here, what are the
> libraries already available in the deken plugin? I know of cyclone
> only.

I try to take care of a few that I use for my own projects:

* ggee
* iemnet
* osc
* readdir (from former moocow)
* slip (from former mrpeach)

However, I don't have access to a Mac and I'm also not very familiar
with compiling on OS X. Thus, I'm currently able to build for the
following architectures:

* Linux-amd64
* Linux-armv6 (Raspberry Pi)
* Linux-i386
* Windows-i386

There are many more externals available through deken, but I can't give
you a comprehensive list.

>         I've recently learned that Pd extended is pretty much no
>         longer being "extended", and as such, I'd like to learn how to
>         compile Pd Vanilla along with the few externals I need. I'm
>         currently using Mac OS X 10.6.8 and have tried using the
>         standard "autogen/configure/make", but it seems to stop when
>         trying to link things up. I noticed that the makefile is set
>         up to target 10.8 by the autogen, what can I do to change it
>         for my system?
>

>         Any suggestions for learning this would be greatly
>         appreciated.

Or more generally, what is a recommended way of getting the building
tools that one is familiar with on Linux? I've heard of homebrew and
fink, but would like to know what people use nowadays.

Roman