[PD] How does vline~ work under the hood?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 18:51:13 CEST 2015

It depends on what you mean by "trigger". Triggered by the mouse, I think
you're right. But see the attached patch. Since [del] (among other objects,
but I used [del] here for clarity) can schedule bangs between boundaries,
you can trigger [vline~] in the middle of blocks. Not so with [line~]: if a
bang is scheduled in that block, it starts the ramp at the beginning of
that block and ends it at the end of a future block such that the total ms
of the ramp does not exceed the requested ms.