[PD] [poly N 0] bug

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 02:46:18 CEST 2016

Hi William,
I think that [poly] is not buggy. What confuses is that MIDI is a serial protocol, I mean that if 6 notes are pressed at the exact same time they would be passed one after the other in the MIDI message. And when you play a chord the order of the notes are not clear to YOU but in fact they are ordered.
Test your patch at low speed and ordered, you will see it works exactly as it should.
(send a “clear” message to all poly objects, or close and reopen the patch)
Play and hold in order: C, E, G, C2, E2, G2. Then release in backward order.
Now do a:
[notein][pack 0 0][print]
Play a chord, you will see the “same” order that [poly] sees. This will explain why you think that there is a bug, or the Trial-1 Trial-2 inconsistency (which is not).
Hope this helps,
Lucarda.