[PD] which pix_opencv to select in Deken?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Thu Oct 19 18:33:07 CEST 2017

Antoine,

thanks for your kind reply! Please see my comments below,

* Antoine Villeret <antoine.villeret at gmail.com> [2017-10-18 22:00]:
> Hi,
>
> i'm glad to hear that someone uses pix_opencv (at least try it :-) )
>
> first the easy part : l_ia64 extension is the Linux 64bit extension.
> it could also be 'pd_linux' but 'l_ia64' indicate more than just linux and
> so you can have several library binary for different architecture in the
> same folder and Pd will choose the right one on the fly.
Thanks!

[...]
> First thing : pix_opencv depends on Gem, so you need to lot Gem before
> Second thing : pix_opencv also depend on ... wait for it ... OpenCV ! but
> it is worth to say.
> You can easily install OpenCV on Linux and on macos it is a little bit more
> complicated that's why I tried to package OpenCV library binary with
> pix_opencv.
Debian Linux is offering me the following packages
	libopencv-apps0d
	libopencv-calib3d2.4v5
	libopencv-contrib2.4v5
	libopencv-core2.4v5
	libopencv-features2d2.4v5
	libopencv-flann2.4v5
	libopencv-gpu2.4v5
	libopencv-highgui2.4-deb0
	libopencv-imgproc2.4v5
	libopencv-legacy2.4v5
	libopencv-ml2.4v5
	libopencv-objdetect2.4v5
	libopencv-ocl2.4v5
	libopencv-photo2.4v5
	libopencv-stitching2.4v5
	libopencv-superres2.4v5
	libopencv-ts2.4v5
	libopencv-video2.4v5
	libopencv-videostab2.4v5
	libopencv2.4-java
	libopencv2.4-jni
which pulls in a total of 44 packages. I installed them all, loaded
using [declare -lib pix_opencv] and can not create an object like
[pix_opencv_threshold].

> But I don't have any package ready to distribute under the hand anymore.
> But if you want advance feature like CUDA and OpenCL acceleration then you
> need to build OpenCV by hand.
No need on my side for now, thank you.
How would apple users install and use pix_opencv by the way? You
mentioned that you included a libopencv binary with the external?

> Btw I can load pix_opencv and try some example on Ubuntu 17.04 with Pd 0.48
> and Gem  0.93.git 10759c2
> I tried pix_opencv-v0.4-(Linux-amd64-64)-externals.tar.gz and
> pix_opencv-v0.4-Ubuntu15.10-(Linux-amd64-64)-externals.tar.gz.
Can you check which libopencv-packages you have installed on that
computer?

All the best,
Peter