[GEM-dev] CVS checkins

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Jul 15 12:50:44 CEST 2003

guenter geiger wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
>
>>hi all.
>

> arghh, this ifdef stuff is really, really a pain and a hack.
>
> Please, either just drop the GLTT things or sort them out into
> a new class.
> I can't believe that you did it again :)

yes, i can't either...
however, i would have dropped the GLTT-stuff completely if and only if
everybody things it's ok.
so, dev's out there, get to your computer (probably you are already
there), download the new CVS-things, make it compile.
you will need the FTGL-package (which will move into GemLibs/)
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/
and probably you will need the freetype-lib too.

as soon as it works everywhere we should delete all the gltt-stuff.
(so, please, inform this list if it works)

>>2. particle
>>added several new objects:
>>[part_veldomain] let's you set the velocity domain (more flexible than
>>[part_velsphere] and friend)
>>[part_velocity] sets the velocity into a certain direction
>>most notable: [part_vertex] emits one (only 1) particle each rendering
>>cycle, but the offset-position of these particles can be set.
>>this allows moving particle-sources without moving the whole particle
>>system.
>

> great, I have just done almost the same things yesterday :(
seems like we are doing the same things quite often in the past few days.

> I would have liked to have the part_veldomain thing only and
> deprecate part_velsphere, part_velcone and part_velocity.
>
> Actuall only keeping an object called part_velocity with domain
> support. THis matches closer the particle API and people can
> directly use the particle documentation if they want to understand
> what is going on.

i have put the [part_velocity] object only in, because it is a separate
function in the particle-API (papi.h).
but i agree...

> Then it would be great to have domain support for the other
> operations too (like part_source, etc ...)
i have already put the domain-support into [part_source], but have
forgotten  to make the arguments setable....that's why i haven't
mentioned it...

mfg.asd.r