[GEM-dev] how close are we...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 22 10:24:47 CEST 2003

chris clepper wrote:

>> ok, so we have done double work...
>> my [pix_*NEW] objects (video/movie) do (hopefully, not quite sure
>> about movie
>> right now) support something like "color rgba" and "color yuv" messages.
>> they also have a "color grey" message (which i found very handy sometimes)
>

> i forgot to say that my changes were to the old pix_filmDarwin way of
> pix_filmNEW i suppose.  is it your intention to have the pix_filmNEW
> included with the next release?

personally, i would like to have the very next release rather sooner
than later.
so wouldn't enforce the pix_filmNEW and friends for gem-0.888,
since it should be transparent for the user anyhow.

>> don't know, but i guess the symbolic reference "rgba"/"yuv"/"grey"
>> might be
>
>> more intuitive then 0/1/?
> i fully agree with this.  how about 'colorspace rgb/yuv/grey'?

ok, will change it, then

> sure.  at this point, i would rather have the release come sooner
> without those features than later with them.
so we go d'accord

>> > What does everyone else's TODO list look like right now?
>>
>> Gem is sometimes quite peculiar when developing patches under linux.
>
>> however, it runs rockstable in, say, installations.
>

> are those usually pd crashes?  i had a whole string of those for a while
> a month or two ago, but they seem to have stopped.

unfortunately i cannot really say, whether they have stopped or not.
in may/june they certainly appeared.
then i did a gem-patching-performance in late july and it never ever did
think of crashing (but things were quite simplistic -- no pix_ or whatever)

mfg.a.rd