[GEM-dev] openGL context spanning multiple screens.

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sat Sep 6 17:21:04 CEST 2003

Ben

I don't have 3 displays to test on, so I can only give you a few
hints on what to try.

- use the dimen + offset messages rather than secondscreen.   the
latter is meant for using a fullscreen context on a 2nd display like
a projector connected to a powerbook

- i'm having a problem spanning the display when the window overlaps
the screen with the menu bar.  also you have to make sure the total
dimensions are less than 2048 - offset 0 0 dimen 2039 768 will work
but 2048 768 might give you a white box.

- make sure the displays are properly aligned in the control panel.
on the mac you can have displays in any x,y relationship to one
another.  this might cause problems.

- the biggest unknown will probably how the combination of AGP and
PCI cards are handled - the dual dual display card should be ok, but
you never know.

Also, you're pretty much on your own for this since neither Jamie or
I have a way to test more than two screen support (we both have
powerbooks).  If I find any docs on this from Apple I'll pass them
along.

Good luck

cgc