[GEM-dev] Nvidia Driver Crash v1.0-5328

rat at telecoma.net rat at telecoma.net
Tue Jan 13 10:54:51 CET 2004

> Hey All linuxers,
>
> I'm getting a lot of segfaults in gem from the latest nvidia drivers,
> (with gemCVS) is anyone else having these issues? What versions are known
> to work well with Gem?

hi ben,

maybe your problems are because there is a problem with glibc, TLS and the
nvidia glx drivers, it all depends on what u are running on. i recently
downgraded my testing to stable again because of this issue (poor linux
mans solution :-). if u google for "nvidia TLS bug" u might get a picture.
i m using latest drivers with debian stable without complains.
you still might try to compile the nvidia drivers with
--force-tls=no or classic ? i cant recall
(look it up with  ./sh NVIDIA-whatever -A)
one reason i also downgraded again was that all the sudden my feedback
patches got really slow (but was just visible by snapping 1024*1024)
, why and how and what i had no time to investigate.
best

erich