[GEM-dev] Gem crash pains

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Tue Jan 20 04:14:02 CET 2004

Hello all,

I'm now on an OSX machine and having gem segfaults. (attached is my gem
crashlog from today) On a hunch I thought I would try my linux
crash-test patch on OSX, and low and behold, left control crashes 0.37-0
on OSX the same way as it did in linux:

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
0x90000e70 in strcmp ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x90000e70 in strcmp ()
#1  0x00033048 in dogensym ()
#2  0x00035aa4 in binbuf_text ()
#3  0x0003b4d0 in socketreceiver_doread ()
#4  0x0003b810 in socketreceiver_read ()
#5  0x0003b320 in sys_domicrosleep ()
#6  0x0003c184 in sys_pollgui ()
#7  0x00039c04 in m_scheduler ()
#8  0x000020cc in _start (argc=466652, argv=0x0, envp=0x1) at
/SourceCache/Csu/Csu-47/crt.c:267 #9  0x8fe1a700 in __dyld__dyld_start
()

Well after trying it a couple times I found you may have to leave it for a
while counting and then hit it with crtl-l, at least that did it for me.
Please try the attached test patch and see what happens.

As for the crashes in the attached log file, these all happend at the same
time as the linux crashes, when sending 1/0 messages to the gemwin while
the window is created.

Thanks
Ben