[GEM-dev] vertex_array branch

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 26 14:11:14 CEST 2004

guenter geiger wrote:
> I had done that 4 years ago with the (original?) sig2pix external that I
> wrote. It was fast. It was not very general though ...

the sig2pix hasn't changed much since (at least i don't think that
performance has decreased)
i haven't done any profiling, but i think a lot of CPU-power is wasted
while casting from float to int and back again, and when getting the
luminance of the image to map to vertices.
performance isn't *that* bad, bit i thought it could be better.

i don't think that conversion to pixes and then to vertices is optimal.

> Just found it amusing ... back to lurker state.

mfg.asr