[GEM-dev] Missing GemVertex.h from CVS??

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Thu Sep 30 18:40:59 CEST 2004

On Sep 30, 2004, at 5:17 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to compile Gem for OSX again (been some time off it). The
> first
> error I'm getting is that the Base/GemVertex.h file is missing. I
> looked
> in my checkout and indeed it is missing. I browsed the CVS on
> sourceforge
> and sure enough it is missing (or not in src/Base).
>
> Could someone put this in CVS??

...uh, i assume your pulling cvs from head (top of tree)?  I think
iohannes made a small error while learning
cvs branch tagging and commited some of the vertex array stuff to head:
  enough but not all :-(  Someone needs to go ahead and add the rest of
the changes needed from vertex_array branch, but carefully because the
branch chris originally created was based on a slightly outta date cvs
head!  To make matters worse, I won't be able to do it for a coupla
more weeks...

...there is hope tho:  If you want to use the vertex_array stuff, just
switch your cvs tree to the "vertex_array" tag...otherwise, you can
switch your branch to the "v0_90" release branch...

...and your right:  we should update the build process more often...in
this case that is not the whole problem, but after I get back from
graz, I'll also be putting the v0_90 branch into the puredata externals
cvs so that a stable version is always easily available:  then we can
develop in our secret little corner :-)

hth,
jamie