[GEM-dev] [GEM] pix_coordinate in OS X

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 20 11:41:11 CEST 2004

Mirko Petrovich wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2004, at 4:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

> OK, now I understand, thanks for your explanation. But in Linux repeat
> "works" for rectangle textures (I guess [pix_texture] resizes
> automatically), and there's no difference with "mode" messages (there's
> only mention of "quality" messages in help-patches, that's why I was
> asking for documentation).

are you sure you are using the help-patches from 0.90 ?? there should be
a lot in there (like mentioning the rectangle stuff)

even under linux rectangle textures work as they should (e.g.: no
repetition)
BUT: if your gfx-card does support rectangle-textures AND gem has been
compiled apropriately (e.g. by using nvidia's openGL-header files)
rectangle-textures will be used for non-2^n images. (meaning: no
"repeat", ...)
if one of these conditions is not true, a tricky hack is used to display
  the non-2^n images as if they were 2^n-sized (the trick is using
sub-textures) which gives some other problems (esp. performance
penalties); as this is basically "normalized" textures, wrapping will work.

easy, isn't it ?

> well, it works great in Linux too ;-)

mfg.as.dr