[GEM-dev] Re: Feature Requests

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 27 11:05:03 CET 2004

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,

have i answered this already ?

> Should we post feature requests for Gem to the PD feature request tracker
> on source-forge or continue posting to this list?

i don't think that using PD's feature request tracker is the way to go,
since Gem isn't even hosted on the same site...
as for now (relatively few developers) i think it is ok to post to GEM-dev

oh, and i have just noticed, that i have set up a feature-tracker on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem a long time ago...

> In terms of the idea of pix_mean_colors (I think I'm using the wrong name)
> I think it would be very nice in the long term to be able to work with
> pixel-data a little more effectively. (rather than having the pass the
> whole image as PD messages and go from there.) Maybe something related to
certainly true, although i have no idea where to go : forth ? ruby ? ;-)

> Anyhow I have a list of features I've posted over the years and thought It
> would be good to have it all together somewhere.
>
> otherwise I'll dig em all up and post in one long message...

yes, would be great to have them available on one place.
the tracker is probably best, because there we can close the request,
once it is done.
however, i would like to see it on the mailinglist too...

mfg.a.dsr